Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Baby Shoe Bug

When it comes to crafting, everyone has their "thing". Some people can't stop buying yarn (thank goodness!), some buy hundreds of sheets of scrapbooking paper and stickers, and others, like me, buy patterns. I'm too much in denial to go thumbing through my files and come up with an actual count, but I'm certain it's into the hundreds. Of all those patterns, well over half are various baby booties and shoes. There's something about a tiny shoe, destined for a tiny foot, that I find irresistable. I suppose that's what led me to design the Cherry Tart Mary Janes!

I discovered a designer recently who delights and inspires me with her adorable shoe patterns, and over the course of the past week or so I've already acquired five of them. Her name is Lisa van Klaveren of Holland Designs. She has an etsy shop, but I recommend downloading her patterns directly from ravelry.com so you can get them instantly. She allows crafters to sell shoes made from her patterns, so look for some new shoes in the store soon! I finished up a pair of 6-12 months watermelon mary janes last night, and they are too cute! Since they are 100% cotton they'll be great summer shoes. Pictures and more details coming soon! Side-button loafers for boys are next on my list :)

No comments: